Marriage Help Centers

Marriage Help Centers
Families That Play, Pray and Laugh together stays together

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Pet Scan Results -

Friends and Family!

Today was a MIRACLE day!

Results of Pet Scan were beautiful! Ron's body is healthy and 99.9% cancer free. Our doctor was elated when only a small spec was found in one lymph node. 0.6 x 0.8 cm was detected in the groin area. We will go ahead with the surgery and get that sucker out! Then that is it! We will carry on in Konkin style! Healing the broken hearted is our mission. This laying around waiting is not our style!

Tina

Hey everyone, the last couple of days have been pretty crazy. Cat scan Tues, Pet scan Thurs From the start, many of you told us that this is just a "blip in our lives". An interesting blip, but a blip none the less. We are so grateful to everyone who write and send us notes, and calls us on the phone to encourage us. It really is a humbling experience for me.

Today I had a lot of mixed emotions. It's that fight to stay "above the line" in my faith that God has everything under control, and He knows what is best for me. Going to the doctor with the DVD in my hand with the results of the Pet scan was...lets say...challenging my faith just a little. On the one hand, I believe I am healed. On the other hand, I have to prepare myself for bad news and still believe God is in control, and it doesn't matter what the outcome is, I still believe and nothing is going to shake my faith!! Kind of like the three Hebrew children being thrown into the fire.

Anyway, when we got the results, I have to say, I was a little disappointed that there was still a little bit of cancer in my groin. (I'm just trying to be as honest as I can here). I really don't want this surgery. But then I had to give my head a big shake, kick myself in the butt, and go "oh my God, what a miracle I am!" Here I was with a Clarke 4 Melanoma (the worst kind), I should be dead within the year, and I only have a little spec of cancer that they can remove, and here I am complaining!! Am I insane? How ungrateful is that?!! I have friends that are still fighting for their lives with this disease, and here I am complaining. What a jerk.

So anyway, unless something else miraculous happens before the 15th, I will have the surgery, and will have to deal with some discomfort of swelling in my leg for about 4 to 5 years or NOT, but as far as we know, I will have no more cancer in my body. I think that is a pretty big MIRACLE!!

I love all of you and appreciate your friendship so much. God bless you.

Ron

ps. One more request. Can you all pray that the surgery does go well, and that there will be minimal or no long term swelling? Is that being too selfish?

pss - your help in filling the MAY 13-16 class of Marriage BootCamp is still needed. Help us heal the broken hearted and save families and rock some marriages!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Read your blog and am so glad to hear that all will be well soon. God is good. Lilli Carter

Unknown said...

Praising God with you for the miracle your life is! Love you, Kathy and Dan